If you’re looking to become a certified English teacher, there are several programs to get a TEFL certification online.
The biggest advantage of completing an online TEFL certificate are:
- You have the flexibility to set your own schedule.
- It’s possible to take the online TEFL certification from anywhere in the world.
- You receive guidance and can even be part of the TEFL provider’s online community.
Here are the top 7 programs for TEFL certification online that we recommend:
READ MORE: The 15 Best TEFL Courses and Certification
1. The TEFL Academy
The TEFL Academy (TTA) is our #1 program that we recommend for a TEFL certification online and has all the elements you need in a TEFL course.
- Accredited TEFL Certification: Recognized in both the UK and the USA to give you opportunities for higher-paying jobs to teach English online or abroad.
- Community: It’s one of the largest with over 100,000 TEFL teachers and an average 4.8 stars rating from past graduate reviewers.
- Employer Partnerships: It has employer partnerships worldwide and internship opportunities to help you get hired quickly upon completion.
- CELTA-Equivalent: The Level 5 qualifications are equivalent to CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL, which is the gold standard for English teaching qualifications.
2. International TEFL and TESOL Training
International TEFL and TESOL Training (iTTT) TEFL Certificate is recognized worldwide with perks like lifetime job guidance, university-accredited, and highly rated.
- 15+ Training Centers: Choose from 15+ training centers around the world including the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- Hardcopy Certificates: When you finish your TEFL course with iTTT, you will receive a hardcopy certificate that includes the TEFL coursework you have completed.
- Lifetime Job Guidance: Get guidance on how to find and land a TEFL job. The iTTT opens doors to teaching positions all over the world with lifetime job guidance.
- 120,000+ Graduates: Over 120,000+ students have graduated worldwide with an average rating of 9.7 from certified reviews.
3. International TEFL Academy
It has a high price tag for what you get. But the International TEFL Academy (ITA) is still a great option for TEFL online because of its lifetime job support and personalized support.
- Personalized Guidance: Throughout the course, you get to work one-on-one with experienced English teachers who have lived and worked abroad to help you plan your adventure.
- Teaching Experience: You receive 10 hours of teaching experience that you can show to potential future schools for job placement.
- Detailed Country Guides: Wherever you want to start your adventure teaching, ITA has created detailed guides that you can compare salaries, and check hiring requirements for over 60 countries.
- TEFL Certification: International TEFL Academy is recognized worldwide and trusted for its Level 5, OFQUAL-accredited Online & U.S. TEFL Courses.
- Lifetime Job Search: Upon completion of the course, you receive personalized guidance to receive employment teaching English online and 80+ countries worldwide.
4. Premier TEFL
Sometimes, it’s just easier to go with the best. We have Premier TEFL ranked as a top choice for online TEFL certificate programs because it’s a great option for newcomers and support
- CELTA-equivalent TEFL Course: Its online TEFL certificate is internationally recognized, accredited, and government-regulated (CELTA-equivalent)
- Large Community: Over 52,000 teachers have been certified with Premier TEFL with an approval rating above 90%.
- Internships and Employment: Premier TEFL gives access to internships and employers worldwide for job placement opportunities after completion.
- Personalized Support: It’s recognized for its exceptional support to help you become qualified and start your journey as an English teacher.
5. Bridge TEFL
Bridge TEFL is one of the only TEFL providers with a university affiliation. On top of that, it can also help you develop your career with its MA TESOL Pathway Program.
- Accredited TEFL Program: Attend a prestigious university and graduate with a TEFL certificate and badges you can share on LinkedIn.
- Top-Notch Support Bridge TEFL is a network of schools, teachers, and recruiters. You’ll find the support and connections you need.
- Showcase Your Skills: With a solid teaching portfolio and over 50,000 graduates from 140+ countries, you’ll be in good company when you travel the world.
- Stay Informed: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in ELT and TEFL by accessing 30+ TEFL/TESOL courses and 900+ ELT articles.
If you’re looking for a longstanding TEFL provider, i-to-i has been in the TEFL business since 1994 and has close to 30 years of experience.
- TEFL Course Variety: i-to-i TEFL is the world’s largest TEFL course provider, with a wide range of courses that can suit your needs best.
- Trusted and Respected: With over 210,000 graduates, i-to-i is highly respected by employers around the world.
- Teaching Positions Available: With over 7,000 jobs on our board, i-to-i makes it easy to find a teaching position in any country you like.
- Internship Opportunities: Gain meaningful work experience abroad with full training provided. Get paid internships in countries like Japan, South Korea, and Thailand.
7. TEFL Institute
The TEFL Institute is relatively new and has been around since 2017. Despite being a newcomer to TEFL, it still provides a range of opportunities for TEFL courses and paid internship programs.
- Government-regulated Course: The Level 5 course is equivalent to CELTA helping obtain work in countries requiring a higher qualification.
- Experience: The TEFL Institute has a team of experts who brings over 30 years of experience in the English Foreign Language (EFL) industry.
- Online English Specialist: The specialist online teacher course is aimed at maximizing your potential in the thriving online English teacher market.
- Fully Accredited: The TEFL Institute is a fully approved training center with course materials externally and independently approved to the highest standards and excellence.
8. TEFL Institute of Ireland
The TEFL Institute of Ireland is another great choice for TEFL certification online with high recommendations from its graduates.
- Government-regulated Course: It has a government-regulated TEFL certificate option that it’s equivalent to CELTA.
- Large Community: It has a large community of former graduates with the majority (98%) recommending the Online TEFL Certification program.
- TEFL Job Placement: Access to TEFL job boards and paid internship placement opportunities make job hunting easier.
- Online Dashboard: An online dashboard that is very accessible, and user friendly with each module clear, concise, and well-structured.
We have MyTEFL ranked as one of the top options for a TEFL certification online. If you’re looking for a budget TEFL course, this might be your best option.
- Experienced and Trusted: 35 years of experience in the TEFL industry and accepted worldwide as a fully accredited TEFL program.
- Lifetime Job Search: Lifetime commitment to job placement and an internship with employer affiliation in various countries.
- Online Student Library: Well-structured online content with relevant resources and an online student library to help you decide your TEFL destination.
- TEFL Certification Types: Various types of certifications are available with affordable options including basic, advanced, professional, and master TEFL certification online.
Although still fairly new, TEFLPros is an excellent choice with its 120-hour virtual TEFL certificate. With a focus on teacher development, you can expect to learn about classroom management, lesson planning, and much more.
- Accredited TEFL Program: Accredited TEFL certificate online program with a focus on interactive courses and portfolio-building for employers.
- Digital Portfolio: Structured digital course incorporating a mix of visual, written, and 50+ hour video content with real teachers and students.
- Global Partnerships: Access to a global partnership of vetted schools with preparation for an interview, resume, and job placement.
- Positive Feedback: Highly recommended by past graduates with a lot of feedback and support during the course.
Get a TEFL Certificate Online
We recommend these programs the most because they are all accredited, trusted, and recognized worldwide.
Also, they are all highly-regarded TEFL certification programs online with positive feedback from graduates.
Not only this, but they are there to help you when it matters most.
That is, for getting you a high-paying job and starting your dream as an English teacher.