UNI-Prep is a Canadian-based institute. Founded in 2005, it is one of the largest TESOL training programs in the world. All courses are accredited and its TESOL program is recognized internationally.
Old but not obsolete. UNI-Prep has been in business for over 15 years. This means it’s trusted, respected, and recognized. We have it as our #1 TESOL training program because of its experience in the industry and high-quality course.
Interestingly, UNI-Prep gives you the option to choose between a TESOL or TEFL qualification when you graduate. This isn’t a bad thing because some employers require one or the other.
UNI-Prep TESOL Review
UNI-Prep has been in business for over 15 years. This means it’s trusted, respected, and recognized. The institute is based in Canada so you know you can expect the same standards from a Canadian institute. We have it as one of our top TESOL training programs because of its experience in the industry and high-quality course.
UNI-Prep is a Canadian-based institute. Founded in 2005, it is one of the largest TESOL training programs in the world. All courses are accredited and its TESOL program is recognized internationally. UNI-Prep is still alive and strong. Despite its dated website and videos, it is accepting applicants into its TESOL program. Just in case, I had to check directly with the institute to make sure.
Their standard course is a 120-hour TESOL certificate program with a focus on teaching grammar and English online. But the 250-hour TESOL diploma program gets more in-depth with business English, TOEFL, and IELTS. The bulk of both programs are online and you can start any time. But their 3-week live online TEFL/TESOL program gives you live instructions with a 20-hour practicum.
- 120-hour TESOL certificate – In the world of TEFL and TESOL, 120 hours is the industry standard for training. This is an affordable option and great value that will enhance your chances of teaching ESL.
- 250-hour TESOL diploma – This option is ideal if you want to teach English online or abroad. All instructions are online for 3 weeks of live training. You also get a 20-hour live practicum which adds extra value to your teaching profile giving you experience.
- 3-week live online TESOL course – This course is the best option for those who prefer to have live instruction at a set schedule. You still get tutor support with the bulk of the classes occurring during weekends on Saturday and Sunday.
120-Hour TESOL Certificate
The course covers a range of topics that will give you the skills you need to be a successful TESOL instructor. If you are enrolling in the industry-standard 120-hour TESOL certificate, you can expect to learn the following course material:
- Classroom Management with techniques & strategies
- Curriculum and lesson planning
- Reading, speaking, and writing in English
- Teaching activities for proficiency
- Phonetics and English vocabulary
We recommend the 120-hour TESOL course and this duration is the industry standard in TEFL/TESOL certification. But if you are looking to specialize in additional requirements, then you may want to look at the 250-hour TESOL Diploma.
250-Hour TESOL Diploma
If you take the 250-hour TESOL diploma, you can expect to specialize with a total of 20 units in the course. Specifically, it prepares you to teach English online, TOEFL, IELTS, business, and students of all ages.
- Teaching TOEFL, IELTS, and grammar
- Business English and adults
- Young learners and teenagers
- Beginner and advanced students
- Letter of recommendation
As you can see the 250-hour TESOL course helps you become a more proficient teacher. If you will teach a wide range of ages, the 250-hour TESOL diploma can be helpful. Besides that, it’s good for students who require different needs like studying for TOEFL, IELTS, or business English.
UNI-Prep Course Review
UNI-Prep is a trusted program and has been in operation for over 15 years. Currently, UNI-Prep is done virtually through Zoom. Online courses mean you can set your own schedule. You can start the program anywhere in the world just by logging in through the online portal. The courses have tutor support, video lessons, and job support.
The completion rate for this accredited and international-recognized certification is about 99%. Upon completion, you will receive an electronic copy of your diploma. Also, UNI-Prep offers free shipping of your certificate internationally via regular mail. Make sure you check out UNI-Prep for discounts and promotions to lower the cost of the TESOL program.
Accredited and internationally recognized by ACCREDITAT
Job placement opportunities widely available upon completion
Specialize in teaching business English, TOEFL, IELTS, and more.
Highly recommended from past TESOL graduates with positive feedback
Letter of recommendation available in specific courses
15+ years of experience as a TESOL training provider
Here are all the reasons why you should choose UNI-Prep as your TESOL Certificate course.
Still want to learn more about TEFL certification?
Read our TEFL courses guide