Linking Verbs Worksheet
Linking verbs do not show actions. Instead they link a subject to a noun or adjective in a sentence.
For example, in the sentence “I feel sick”, the linking verb “feel” connects to the adjective “sick”. And the subject in the sentence is “I”.
Linking Verbs Worksheet Answer Key
1. At the hospital, the sick kid’s face turned blue.
2. The old potatoes tasted awful.
3. The boy was injured during the soccer match.
4. I looked everywhere for my scarf.
5. My parents sounded unhappy at the baseball game.
6. At the park, I feel happy.
7. On her birthday, she had a pink birthday cake.
8. Dave was the star player on the basketball team.
9. At the top of the mountain, they appeared happy.
10. The flower shop smelled beautiful.
11. At the age of 60, he went blind in one eye.
12. The weather turned out fine at the marathon.
13. We were the champions of the baseball tournament.
14. She felt surprised because of the size of the fish.
15. The idea sounds great.